Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Sacred Wisdom: A Video Documentary

Several years ago I began a video documentary project that I am now calling, Sacred Wisdom. And though I always had the intention to share it with others, I never held to a schedule for when it should be completed. I knew the documentary project as originally conceived would be in several parts and about 10 hours or more in length. After working on it for about 10 years I realized that it was going to be much longer than 10 hours and it was an important spiritual research and development project for me as well as for others. So I let go of my idea of producing something for others constrained by any time deadlines and it became my own personal journey and study of Sacred Wisdom.

In my journey I've visited many sacred sites from around the world. Some natural and some made by men and women. I've researched and explored many books, texts and sacred documents. I've interviewed scores of healers, teachers, gurus, shaman, witches, yogis and yoginis for this project. They graciously and willingly shared their teachings, practices, experiences and sacred wisdom with me.

For many years the video footage and audio interviews were accumulating on my shelves. I was the only one who got to see and appreciate them. People who knew about this project were asking me when it would be complete so they could see it. I knew it was a project that was never going to be 'complete' in the ordinary sense, particularly because I was always adding video footage to it.

Recently it dawned in my consciousness to create small segments rather than a COMPLETED Hollywood style master piece that I originally conceived in my consciousness. I'm not a film maker. I'm just me. An ordinary guy. And if I'm anything, in the ordinary sense of the word, I'm a communicator. And if any of this work was going to 'get out there' and be communicated, then it would only happen if smaller video segments were produced, rather than a lengthy production.

So that is what I am now going to do. Let's see where it goes and what unfold.

Blessings and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment